Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snow

Everyone is probably getting sick of the snow. We have had over a foot on the ground since December 26th. Now we have about 2 feet on the ground, and even more in the drifts and piles. It is in massive blobs of ice on every street corner. It doesn't look fresh and new any more. It just looks cold and wintery and blah, right? Wrong. Maybe I'm a little crazy, but I love the snow. This year I've been sledding, I've built snowmen, I've had snow ball fights, I've made forts...and I've loved every second of it. I can't think of any point this year that I've been out in the snow and thought "I really wish it were Spring." Even from the indoors, I love it! It is fun looking out over the back yard and seeing the birds - we've had tons of blue jays - and the cat foot prints, and the mostly frozen creek. I've done a lot more cooking and baking since it snowed because that's a wintery weather sort of thing to do, and it keeps the house warm. I have never experienced such a snowy winter, and based on the snow I've experienced other winters, I never thought I would like it...but I do. I have even learned to drive on 2 inches of packed snow, slush and ice! As far as I'm concerned, if it is going to be freezing out, there may as well be snow on the ground. I am starting to think that Marc might get his wish after all, and in 20 years, we'll be moving to Fargo...

No comments: