Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Duck!!!!

Ok, some of you have heard this over and over and over again...but it happened again so I'm telling it again because it is still funny.
Last night, one thirty am, I climb into bed, my knee hits something, and then I hear it...that laugh, that laugh which makes me laugh like nothing else can make me laugh, it sounds kind of like Boo in "Monsters Inc." It's my duck. My bright yellow, ubersoft, plush, laughing duck. If you press on his foot, he laughs, and that makes me laugh. He was banished to my bedroom a while back because some of my friends and relations were taking advantage of the fact that he was a weakness of mine. And when Mr. Bear got banished to the closet, Mr. Duck took his place sitting on my pillow...and now the random laughing has happened about 5 or so times...just randomly, in the middle of the night, early in the morning, it laughs at me...and I laugh back. Admittedly it is a good way to get me up in the morning, because once he laughs, there's no going back to sleep for me.
Now you may ask, why not unbanish Mr. Bear from the closet and then Mr. Duck doesn't need to be guardian of the pillow anymore. Well, that's simple...I don't want my bear to come out of the closet. He's perfectly fine in the closet. My cat came out of the closet once, and that caused lots of problems, so once something goes in the closet, I think it is much safer to just leave it there...

No comments: